Hi there, Los Angeles! I’m a bit under the weather, but I’m not going to let that keep me from having fun this Halloween weekend! Below is a list of great Halloween events to check out this weekend for under $15!
1. Halloween Night Dive, 100 Aquarium Way, Long Beach, 7pm-11pm: DJ, live bands, artists, cocktails and thousands of sea creatures. $12.95 admission
2. Zombie Prom, 610 S. St. Louis St., Boyle Heights: Costume contest, DJ music, and a zombie royal court at the Historic Linda Vista Hospital? Admission will only cost you one food can donation
3. South Gate’s Carnaval de los muertos, 4900 Southern Ave, South Gate, 7pm-11pm: Mazes, battle of the bands, food trucks and awards for best zombie costumes. $5-$7
1. Hallovegan, Verdugo Bar, 3408 Verdugo Rd, 3pm-12am: Raffle for prizes, costume contest and day of the dead make-up. Oh, don’t forget the grain. FREE
2. El Dia de los Muertos, 10933 Valley Mall, El Monte, 12pm-5pm: Performers, arts, crafts, music, poetry, food and dance at the Valley Mall all in traditional Mexican style to celebrate the Day of the Dead. FREE
3. Old School Halloween Deadly Dance Party, 1517 N Cahuenga Blvd, 10:30pm: Bobbing for apples, costume contests, desserts, cocktails, music and a haunted maze all for a great cause! $10 for 2 tickets, $3 for drinks
4. Vivan Los Muertos, 4700 Western Heritage Way, 3pm-9pm: Day of the Dead educational event with food, music. dancing and altars. $10 museum admission
5. Long Beach Zombie Walk IV, Downtown Long Beach Promenade, between 3rd and Ocean, 2pm-12am: Zombie make-up, zombie food and drinks and a chance to be part of the largest zombie army in Southern California. FREE
1. Halloween Burlesque Show, 8462 W Sunset Blvd WeHo, 9:30pm: Need I say more, it’s a burlesque show on Sunset Blvd! And it’s FREE
1. Halloween Stuntacular, 14006 Riverside Dr, Sherman Oaks 12pm-10pm: Celebration of the Hollywood stunt community with live action stunt shows in Westfield mall with food trucks, carnival rides and games, raffles and live music. FREE
2. Fiesta Muertos, 25 Paseo de la Plaza, Olvera Street, 12pm-6pm: Day of the Dead celebration with face painting, strolling mariachi bands, Aztec dancers, puppet shows, ballet folklorico and other fun family activities. FREE
1. Halloween Film Selections by Joe Dante, 165 Beverly Blvd., Park La Brea, 4pm-7:30pm: H.G. Wells “Islands of Lost Souls” and bug gem “Them” play at New Beverly Cinema, picks of “The Howling” and “Gremlins” director. $7
1. West Hollywood Halloween Carnival, Santa Monica Boulevard from Doheny Drive to La Cienega Boulevard, WeHo, 6pm-11pm: Food booths, live entertainment and some of the most creative and barely-there costumes on the planet all along one boulevard.
1. Halloween Harvest Festival, 20800 Victory Blvd., Woodland Hills, 10am-10pm: More of a kids festival with a pumpkin patch, corn maze, farm animals, haunted house, hay rides and more. $5 admission, $2-$10 attractions
2. Haunted Trails, 29751 Crown Valley Parkway, Laguna Niguel, 6:30pm-10pm: Small groups will be guided through trails of confusion and horror. $10 admission
Have a happy Halloween everyone!