I know it’s been awhile since I posted. My apologies, life gets in the way. But I’m back to let you know what’s free (or under $15!) in Los Angeles this weekend!
1. Holiday Arts & Crafts Show, Torrance – If you’re looking for some holiday gifts, check this show out for some unique pieces. 11/19, 9am-3:15pm FREE, but of course, you may pick up some great stuff at the Ken Miller Recreation Center at 3341 Torrance Blvd. in Torrance.
2. Textiles Recycling/Green Holiday Workshop, Santa Monica – Wanna help save the Earth? Bring all your stained, ripped or unwanted clothes to this recycling event to reuse as gift wrapping and gift bags! Yes, it’s FREE! 9am-3pm, at City Yards, 2500 Michigan Ave. in Santa Monica
3. Hand Shucked Comedy Show – Need a laugh? Check out this comedy show at Moving Arts Theatre on 1822 Hyperion ave in Los Angeles. $5
4. Horrible Movie Night – Why would you pay to see a bad movie? I guess it’s just that hilarious. Come see Mega Python vs. Gataroid for $10 at The Complex Theater at 6476 Santa Monica Blvd.
5. LA Computer Fair, Pomona – This is a great event for techies that want great prices on a great variety of electronic devices. Admission is only $10 at the Fairplex on 1101 W McKinley Ave in Pomona
1. Arroyo Arts Collective – If you didn’t get your fill at ArtWalk, you may enjoy this auto tour of Highland Park, Eagle Rock, Mount Washington, Montecito Heights and Glassell Park. Tickets are only $10 if you buy online, $15 at the door. Tour begins at 200 E. Ave. 43, Highland Park at 10am.
1. Los Angeles Auto Show, Downtown LA – If there’s one thing I couldn’t live without, it’s certainly my car. Celebrate your love of cars November 18-27 by previewing green and concept cars and much more. Adult admission is only $12 at the Los Angeles Convention Center on 1201 S Figueroa St.
2. Downtown on Ice, Downtown LA – Not all winter traditions are lost in LA! On Thursday, this outdoor skating rink opens in Pershing Square. At only $8, it is the most affordable ice skating deal I’ve come across. The rink is open until January 16, but why not visit early to get into the holiday spirit? Downtown on Ice is located at 532 South Olive St. in Los Angeles.
3. WinterLit: A Holiday Celebration, Santa Monica – If you live on the Westside, you may be more inclined to visit this outdoor ice rink, which opens November 15 until December 27. Admission and skate rental is $12, but there are varied nights, such as Wednesday Broom Ball, Thursday College Nights, Friday Rock N Skate, and much more. WinterLit: ICE is located at 1324 5th Street in Santa Monica.
What are your plans for this weekend? Know of something great that I missed? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Until next time,