Hi there, Los Angeleanos! Well, isn’t this wind crazy? I was out last night and my car shook on the road! Today at work the power was out, so we played cards all day.
Because of these winds, (which, BTW, are the worst in about a decade) there is lots of tree damage, particularly in the San Gabriel Valley, such as the picture on the right. The wind clocked as high as 97 mph in one area in Los Angeles last night (that’s pretty much tornado status!).
Tonight it’s advised that we all stay inside, and Griffith Park is closed due to tree damage, but the weekend is looming, and there is still plenty to do (although be safe out there on the roads!)
1. Annual Montana Avenue Holiday Walk: Tonight starting at 5pm, shop in Santa Monica for your holiday gifts! Live music, Santa, singing, shopping and food will make this a fun night. All kinds of discounts are available at shops here (see a list here)
1. Main Street Holiday Event: Tree lighting at the California Heritage Musuem with caroling, music, sidewalk sales and decorations contest. FREE
2. Pacoima’s Christmas Parade: Another Christmas Parade, this week in Pacoima at the David M Gonzales Recreation Center with MACHETE. That and food trucks sounds like a good time to me. FREE
3. Aracadia Snow Festival: If you can brave the fallen trees and possible power outages, you’ll find some snow at the Arcadia Community Center. Sled runs, trolley trains, snow play, crafts and holiday entertainment in the afternoon. Some cost for individual events.
1. Swedish Christmas Fair LA: Swedish handicrafts, holiday food and baked goods for all. Folk dancing and choir performances in the afternoon at the Shrine Expo Center by USC. Adult admission is $8, $2 for kids.
2. Winter Family Festival: And you thought it would never snow in LA. This event in Studio City brings snow, music, Santa, classic cars, face painting, food trucks and Radio Disney! Check it out in the Recreatoon Center Beeman Park. FREE
FRIDAY & SATURDAY
1. Uptown Village Market: Over 60 vendors will be selling their goods at this market. This is the place to holiday shop! Music and bar available. Event is FREE, but the merch is not!🙂
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
1. Metro Art Tour: Free tour of the Metro art scene in Los Angeles. Meet at Hollywood and Highland Metro Rail Station and you’ll get a free Metro pass for the day. On Sunday, meet at Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles. For more information on this event, click the link above or read this post here. FREE
2. Tamale Festival: Make your way over to Indio for same tasty tamales! Great entertainment for kids including rides, games, rock climbing, bounce house, petting zoo and live music/dancing. FREE
1. MAC Cosmetics Celebrates Glitter and Ice: Free skating show inspired by Johnny Weir during select hours all weekend at The Grove.RSVP to 323.938.6294.