It can be expensive to be in a relationship. But it doesn’t have to be! Los Angeles has many cheap and fun events going on this Valentine’s Day weekend that you and your partner can enjoy together!
- An Evening in Paris at Fancifull: On Friday, February 10, Fancifull Gifts in Hollywood will be offering a special night of food, wine tasting, music, art and raffles. The event will have an ambiance inspired by Paris –the city of love itself! Kick off Valentine’s Day weekend at the home of Motion Picture Academy, Emmys, Screen Actors Guild Awards, Image Awards and Food Network gift baskets. Best of all, this event is FREE with RSVP online! RSVP here today or by phone at 323-466-7654.
- Lots of Love Party: On Saturday, February 11 at 12pm, LUSH at Universal Studios in Universal City will be hosting a special party. You can create your own Lush Love Potion, and participate in contests. There will be demonstrations of lipsticks and yummy snacks and refreshments! RSVP to 818-487-9800 or email@example.com. For more information, check out the Yelp event.
- Film Swap and Lunch Date at Lomography Store Gallery LA: On Saturday, February 11, the Lomography Store in West Hollywood is hosting a film swap and lunch date at 1pm. For $12 each, you and your date get an instructional lecture, loaner camera, small lunch and a free roll of film. If you and your date sign up together, you can get $1 off admission! RSVP @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Devil’s Night Drive-In: Come watch Brokeback Mountain in Downtown LA’s Drive-in theater. Only $10!
- I Art You: If you are part of an artsy couple, this event is for you! I Art You is a show put on by Create:Fixate to celebrate Los Angeles Art, Media and Music. Audio lab, fashion, jewelry, multimedia, and tons of art will be showcased. There will also be a mixer at the end of the night for singles and couples. The fun starts at 4pm on February 11 at the Premiere Events Center in Downtown Los Angeles. Pre-sale tickets are only $15 online, but the price raises to $20 after 9pm at the door.
- Valentine’s Day Card-Making Workshop: Everyone knows something hand-made is more appreciated! You can make your own Valentine’s Day card for only $5 at Leanna Lin’s Wonderland in Eagle Rock. This workshop takes place on Sunday, February 12 from 12pm to 3pm.
- Valentine’s Day Run: If you’re single, Yelp is offering an opportunity for real speed dating in Los Feliz on Valentine’s Day. Every 5 minutes, you’ll be prompted to switch walking/running partners. Red and pink attire is encouraged. Show up at 6pm on Valentine’s Day if interested.
- $5 Subway footlongs: Valentine’s Day dinner is only $10 at Subway! All footlongs are only $5. Now that’s a great deal.
- Free Sausages Every Tuesday at Currywurst: If your taste leans more towards meat, stop by Currywurst at the Farmer’s Market on Valentine’s Day at 7pm for the first 20 minutes and 12 seconds to nab from free sausages. Sounds like a great date idea!
- Griffith Park Observatory: It’s always free and offers one of the most romantic views of Los Angeles. Open Wednesday through Sunday. I recommend a night visit!
- Free Museums: Some museums are free all the time, and many are free on Tuesdays. Check out the list to see which ones you can visit!